- To what authority does Bildad appeal for what he says?
How trustworthy do you think that authority is?
What are Bildad’s views:
(a) about God, and
(b) about wicked men?
- What difficulties does Job find in his way as he tries to make God explain himself?
- 8:4. A cruel remark. Job’s children died because they sinned, according to Bildad.
- 8:11. Reeds without water. So wicked men fade away.
- 9:2. The meaning is, ‘How can a man establish his righteous before God?’
- 9:13b. Rahab is probably another name for the dragon. See RSV mg. none to 9:8b.