- In this portion two kings of Judah are mentioned and two of Israel.
Who were they?
What facts do we learn about each of them?
- What is the one standard by which these men are judged in Scripture?
In relation to this stand, which of them was approved, and why?
What does this teach us concerning eternal values?
- 15:10. Some translations have: ‘His mother’s name’: strictly his grandmother (see verses 2 and 8). Maacah apparently continued to be officially ‘queen mother (see verse 13).
- 15:17. ‘Ramah’ was only five miles from Jerusalem to the north.
- 16:7. ‘Because he destroyed it’: cf. 15:27, 29.