- Verses 1-8. Why ought we to be persistent in prayer?
How does the parable illustrate this?
Note the elements both of comparison and contrast.
- Verses 9-14. What was the Pharisee’s error?
Was he wrong to give thanks?
What does God require in prayer?
- Verse 17. To what characteristics of children do you think Jesus was referring
- Verses 18-30. What did this ruler lack?
Why are possessions so dangerous
- Do you see any connection between the radical demand of verses 22 and 29 and Jesus’ own self-sacrifice (verses 31-330? Cf. 1 Pet. 2: 21.