- 5:1-17. God uses various methods to draw men back to himself. Chapter 4 mentioned natural calamities; this chapter, a plea for right living.
What sins are rebuked in these verse, and what is the one of escape?
- 5:18-27.What is necessary to make our worship acceptable to God?
How did Israel fail? Is our worship in danger of falling under the same judgment?
- Chapter 6. Why were the Israelites insensitive to the approaching judgment?
What warning does this contain for us?
- 5:25, 26. These verses are obscure, but seem to mean that the idolatrous tendency in Amos’ day.
- 6:2. Probably a reference to cities which have recently fallen. Israel is no more secure than they were.
- 6:10. This reference to burning the dead indicates a time of emergency.