- 3:3-8. These verses, by a statement of the law of cause and effect, underline the fact that the unexpected prophecy of 3:1, 2 is indeed from God.
What does this prophecy teach regarding the responsibility of the people of God?
- 3:9-15. what is the significance of the invitation of the philistines and Egyptians to come and see the evil done in Samaria?
- What does chapters 4 teach on the following issues:
(a) the evil of luxury,
(b) religious formalism, and
(c) God’s attempts to bring Israel to her senses?
Notice the solemn conclusion of verse 12.
- 4:1. A reference to the wealthy women of Samaria. The cattle of Bashan were noted for their quality.
- 4:5, 6. Theses verses are ironical in tone.