- Verses 1-4. What does Paul tell us here concerning the origin and the aims of his ministry?
What was the basis of his assurance?
- Verses 10-14. What was wrong with those whom Paul criticizes here?
Make a list of their faults and failings.
How, by contrast, are sincerity and genuineness revealed?
- Verses 6-9. Make a list of the qualifications desirable in a Christian minister which are mentioned here. Compare them with those stated in 1 Tim. 3:1-13.
- Verses 1-10. How can .Christians ‘make the teaching about God our Saviour attractive’?
Examine carefully the characteristics demanded from the different classes mentioned, and summarize them briefly in your own words.
Which characteristic ought you particularly to desire and cultivate?
- Verses 11-14. What reasons are given here why a Christian should live differently?
(a) What should you give up?
(b) How should you live? How far is the true of you?