- Which of Jacob’s wives was the ancestress of our Lord? Cf. 16:9; Heb. 7:14.
And of what did his years with Laban make him most conscious?
- What does this passage show about polygamy? Does Jacob’s possession of several wives provide a warning concerning right ideals for marriage?
1) What light do we get from this passage on the kind of man Isaac was? (See 24:63-67; 25:28)
2) Contrast Jacob and Esau, as described in 25:27-34, in their habits, character and spiritual outlook. What lesson is drawn in Heb. 12:14-17 from Esau’s conduct in regard to his birthright?
3) Review Abraham’s life. What gives him an outstanding place in world history and makes him a conspicuous example to us all? (Cf. Is.14:8; Gal. 3:9, 29)