- To what does Paul’s conscience bear witness regarding his relations:
(a) with the world, and
(b) with fellow believers?
Can you say the same?
- Paul makes the remarkable claim that his reliability is to be compared with the remarkable claim that his reliability is to be compared with the eternal faithfulness of God.
What does he tell us here about God’s faithfulness?
What three special functions of the Holy Spirit are referred to in verses 21, 22?
- Verse 12. ‘Not according to worldly wisdom’: cf. 1 Cor. 2:6; Jas. 3:13-18.
- Verse 13. ‘It is simply untrue that I send any private communications.
The only letters which I write are those which you read out to the congregation – ay, and which you do recognize as the expression of my mind, and will never cease, I hope, to recognize as such’ (way).
- Verse 20. “He, who has God’s Son, Jesus Christ, has all God has promised’ (Denney).When we believe this and utter with thankful hearts an appropriating ‘Amen’, we glorify God.