- What is now the position of those who are spiritually united with Christ:
(a) in relation to sin, and
(b) in relation to God? How had this change been effected?
- This being our positon in Christ, how are we so to enjoy and express it as to live a life of victory over sin? See verses 11-14; and note the key words, ‘consider’, ‘let not’, ‘yield’.
- The question in verse 1 arises out of what Paul has said in chapter 5, especially verse 20.
- Verses 3-10 are an exposition of verses 2.
- Verse 6 ‘The sinful body in which sin obligations and relationships (cf. 7: 1, 2) is here applied to our former relationship to sin.