- What missionary call is heard in verses 11, 12? Am I saying concerning those who are going down to death, ‘But we know nothing about this?
- What other saying here challenge mu standards of neighborly love?
- What did the wise man learn from the field of the sluggard? Find and ponder the positive teachings of this chapter on thoroughness and forethought.
- How does our Lord in one of his parables adapt the teaching of 25:6, 7?
- Observe in 25:8-28 how many illustrations are given of the power and influence of words both to do good and to do harm. Am I sufficiently careful in this matter?
- In what ways does the passage 26:1-12 enforce the familiar injuction, ‘Don’t be a fool’? Among whom did Christ find ‘fools’? Cf. Matt. 7:26; 23:17; 25:2; Luke 11:40; 12:20; 24:25.
Note. The ‘fool’ is one who is willfully unresponsive to the teaching of divine wisdom, and, going his own self-chosen way, hurts himself and others.