Proverbs 4 And 5
- What are the main lessons that the speaker seeks in these chapters to impress on us? What attention have I given, and am I giving, to this urgently expressed advice?
- 4:23-27 provide an admirable guide to successful living. Heart, lips, eyes, feet: what direction are given concerning each? Note how much is implied for the Christian by verse 18.
- What are the results, at various levels, of neglecting this way of wisdom? See 4:19; 5:9-14; 5:21-23.
Proverbs 6 And 7
- Verses 1-5 give warning against foolish financial commitments and pledges. What other warnings are given in these chapters?
- In what forms do the sins spoken of here manifest themselves at the present day?
- Test your life in the light of 6:16-19.