2 Chronicles 9 & 10
- What was the Queen of Sheba’s testimony concerning Solomon? Has something similar been your experience of Christ? Cf. Phil.3:8.
- What led Rehoboam to make such a disastrous mistake? What did he lack that Solomon possessed? Cf. 1 Kgs.3:28.
- Chapter 9. Another side to the portrait of Solomon is found in1 Kings 11:1-13, and provides a background to the disruption. Note also 2 Chr. 10:4
- From chapter 10 onwards students are advised to make a list of the kings of Judah as they work through the rest of the book, and to note the biblical assessment of each (e.g, good or evil), with a brief mention of his contribution to the nation’s religious life.
2 Chronicles 11 & 12
- Was Rehoboam good or evil? Was there a fundamental fault in his character? Cf. Jas. 1:8.
- What did Shemaiah achieve on the two occasions when he intervened in national life, and how was he able to do this? Is there a paralled between his work and that of a Christian today?
- What lesson did God mean to teach through Shishak’s invasion?