2 Samuel 4:1-5:16
1. In what respects was the crime of recab and Baanah worse than that of the Amalekite?
2. David waited for seven years for the decision at the beginning of chapter 5. Why did the Israelites now choose him as king? Cf. Deut. 17:15.
3. How did David succeed in taking the stronghold of Zion, and why?
2 Samuel 5:17-6:23
1. Why was it David won these two battles with the Philistians?
2. Why did Uzzah die? Cf. 1 Sam. 6:19; Num, 4:15; 1 Chr. 15:15. What was god teaching through this incident?
3. What was the real reason for Michal’s contempt for David, and what her pretended reason? Why was it David behaved as he did on this occasions? Can I learn anything from his exuberance ‘before the Lord’?
2 Samuel 7
1. David is eager to build a house for God – God’s reply is to make a ‘house’ for David. List what he has already done, and what he promises for the future.
2. It has been said that what a man is on his knees before God, that he really is. What does David’s prayer reveal: (a) about himself, (b) about his relation to God?