- What illustration do we find in this passage of the way in which the service of God in his church calls for the contribution of all his people, whatever their talents, rank or age? Cf. 1 Cor. 15:58.
- What examples for ourselves can be found in the spirit in which the people brought gifts, and in the value and abundance of their giving? Cf. 2 Cor. 8:1-7.
- 36:8-38. Try to picture the holy place, as seen from within. What would the sides, the roof, the ends, and the floor consist of? Of what were these a symbol?
- 37:1-9. In what way do the ark and the mercy seat speak of Christ?
- The tabernacle signified both God’s approach to man and also man’s way of drawing near to God. In view of this, what is the significance of the table of shewbread, the candlestick or lampstand, and the altar of incense? Cf. John 6:57; 8:12; Heb. 4:16.
- Where did the brass for the laver come from ? Consider the part played by women in the making of the sanctuary. Where did the silver used in the sanctuary come from? Cf. also 30:11-16. Is the fact that the tabernacle was founded on atonement money significant?