- What truths stand out regarding: (a) the character of the whole creation, (b) the character of man and his relation to God?
- ‘And God said’ is found ten times. Cf. Ps. 33:6, 9; Heb. 11:3. What does this suggest concerning the mode of creation? What further light is provided by John 1:1-3; Col. 1:15-17?
- Why did God make men ‘male and female’? What pattern for marriage is divinely ordained here? Cf. Matt. 19:3-6.
Note. Interest should be concentrated on theological truth that cannot be learnt from text books of natural science.
- What does Genesis 3 teach about: (a) Satan’s methods, (b) the first false steps that lead to sin in action, (c) the results of sin?
- What simple positive principles of action, if acted on, would have given Adam and Eve victory over temptation?
- What is the significance of Gen. 3:15?