- Planning. Why had Jehoiada to wait seven years? What lessons may we learn from this for ourselves? Cf. Hab. 2:3. Why did he have confidence that the plan would succeed?
- Action. What lessons in careful planning and organization can we learn from Jehoiada in our service of Christ?
- Success. Jehoiada was not content with half measures. How did he follow up his victory? See 23:16-20.
- 23:2, 3. This was the preliminary gathering, secretly convened in the temple, in which all present pledged their loyalty to the boy king.
- 23:11. ‘The covenant’: i.e., the book of the law. Cf. Deut. 17:18-20.